30 Aug 06
This update addresses a security vulnerability that Creative users face when using Gracenote© services like MusicID™ (formerly known as CDDB™). For more details, read the rest of this web release note. You must already have one of the following applications listed in Requirements below on your computer to perform thi......
This update addresses a security vulnerability that Creative users face when using Gracenote© services like MusicID™ (formerly known as CDDB™). For more details, read the rest of this web release note. You must already have one of the following applications listed in Requirements below on your computer to perform this update successfully.
- Secures your computer against the vulnerability caused by using some Gracenote services with a Creative application.
- Creative MediaSource version 1.00.12 or later
- Creative Media Explorer version 1.00.06 or later
- Creative Media Toolbox version 5.00.10 or later
- Creative Playcenter version 1.00.57 or later
- To check your Creative application's version number:
- Launch the Creative application.
- Click Help on the menu bar.
- Click the About <Creative application name> option.
A dialog box displaying the version number appears.
Drag the scrolling area to see the version number.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
- To install this update
- Download the file into your local hard disk.
- Double-click the file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- More information about the Gracenote security update is available from http://www.gracenote.com
24 Aug 05
This software update allows you to manage your Creative NOMAD® player with the latest version of Creative MediaSource™, an advanced full-featured media player.With Creative MediaSource, NOMAD users can:Transfer songs to your player.Rip audio CDs into MP3/WMA tracks.Find, play and organize all media files in your computer.For complete fun......
This software update allows you to manage your Creative NOMAD® player with the latest version of Creative MediaSource™, an advanced full-featured media player.
With Creative MediaSource, NOMAD users can:
- Transfer songs to your player.
- Rip audio CDs into MP3/WMA tracks.
- Find, play and organize all media files in your computer.
For complete functionality, you must also download and install the appropriate NOMAD Pack for your player.
Added Features or Enhancements:
- Provides AudioSync 2 support to your NOMAD Jukebox 2, 3 and Zen players.
- Provides SmartFit support to your NOMAD MuVo® players.
- Automatically generates playlists, including Smart Playlists, from your music library.
- Enables you to rate each track (up to 5 stars).
- Provides file format conversion support.
- Supports the burning of Audio and MP3 CDs for selected NOMAD players.
- Supports the sort by track number feature.
- Improves folder transfer functionality from some NOMAD players to My Computer.
- Supports sorting when ripping Audio CDs into audio files. Track numbers are used as part of the filename in the naming convention.
- Enables the renaming of duplicated tracks when tracks are being transferred into your NOMAD Jukebox player.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition
- Make sure you plug your NOMAD player into your computer before installing this update.
- This package supports Creative NOMAD players only. If you install this package on a computer that has the Sound Blaster® Audigy® or Sound Blaster Live!® series audio card installed, you will only be able to access EAX® features through the Creative PlayCenter application (included with the audio card installation CD).
- If you are unable to detect your CD Burner drive to burn Audio or MP3 CDs using Creative MediaSource, you can try to download and run the Creative CD Burner Drive Update utility program to get the latest drives support.